unique vertcal camping
Unique adrenaline vertical camping high in a sheer cliff
Unique Vertical Camping
Start date: 01.05.2022
End date: 30.10.2022
- 519,00 EUR per 1 person
- 599,00 EUR per 2 persons
* ask for a promotional 25% discount
Fill out the form below and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
* (For the safety of all participants, we reserve the right to adjust the time of departure depending of the daily temperatures and weather conditions).
The experience is carried out:
1.4. - 31.10. 2022
(falls off in case of precipitation and if it is too cold / windy)
Tmetable / Schedule of the experience
09:00 from 1.4. - 31.5. and from 1.9.-31.10.
06.00 and 16.00 from 1.6. - 31.8.
At the address of Pangea Adventures d.o.o.
Duration of the experience
Approx. 5 hours
The price does not include:
- Transfers not mentioned in the program
- Additional food and drinks
A UNIQUE VERTICAL CAMPING
In the midst of rushing Alpine rivers and relentless mountain walls, we offer an unforgettable experience of camping on overhanging platforms – an invention of Yosemite wall climbers.
Experience the extreme beauty of the Krn mountain range through the eyes of a climber. Abseil down a vertical wall onto a suspended alpine platform, where you will marvel at the magnificent view while enjoying gourmet food.
Experienced mountain rescuers and guides will assist you in settling onto the platform. Your only task is to indulge in the adrenaline rush, enjoy the breathtaking views, listen to the murmur of the river and the calm sounds of nature.
You will be left breathless when the magic performance of light starts on the majestic wall of Krn towering over the historical town of Kobarid (Caporetto).
Surrounded by stunning views of mountains and the Nadiža River, you will be served a breakfast or dinner of local delicacies, and the magic performance of light on the majestic wall of Krn that towers over the historical town of Kobarid (Caporetto) will leave you breathless.
Before you return to the world from which you have just escaped, do not miss the unforgettable experience of water trekking in the Nadiža gorge.
At the end of your adventure, a final culinary surprise awaits you among the trees on the riverbank.
THE SURROUNDINGS OF THE EXPERIENCE
We invite you to soak in the atmosphere of this very special place. The remains of a residence from the Bronze Age are available for viewing a mere stone’s throw away. A centuries old path linking the Roman and Germanic worlds runs along the river. The path has endured numerous armies for the last 3000 years, from the hoofs of Celtic combat horses to clattering wheels and caterpillar tracks from WWII. During WWI, the mountains along the river witnessed the most horrible thundering of cannons ever heard in all history of the human kind. On the nearby meadow, the soldiers of the 88th US Mountain Division waited in line for the US commander in Europe, Dwight D. Eisenhower, who came to ask the local population where a fair line between the Romanic, Germanic and Slavic worlds could be drawn.
What to expect
- Arrival at the headquarters of Pangea Adventures d.o.o.
- Welcome meeting with presentation of the experience and a snack of local delicacies.
- Meeting with a professional instructor who will presented all the necessary safety equipment, demonstrate the use of this equipment, and present the technique of descending with the rope.
- Getting acquainted with climbing equipment (self-protection kit, climbing harness, helmet,…) and testing your skills on the climbing wall.
- Transfer to the Nadiža riverbed and ascent to the top of Debeli čelo, where the location is of the starting point of descent to the hanging platform.
- Another safety inspection of the equipment and descent to the hanging platform, which is placed in the vertical wall approx. 180m high above the river Nadiža.
- Relax and admire the stunning surroundings.
- Breathtaking views of the magical Kobarid and the magnificent Krn Mountains.
- Snack served on the platform.
- Short climbing experience on top of the vertical wall with the help of an instructor.
- Descent into the valley and relaxation in the crystal water of the Nadiža gorge.
- Gourmet experience of typical local cuisine by the river in an impressive natural environment.
- Return to the company's headquarters, where the experience ends.
- Possible experience of sunrise or sunset.
What do I need?
- Warm clothes (sweater, softshell / windstopper)
- Suitable footwear (hiking / trekking shoes)
- Flashlight in case of afternoon-sunset departure
- Cap / hat - something to protect the head
- Sun screen
- Mosquito and tick protection spray
- Camera / smartphone for photos
- Water bottle
- Towel and swimsuit (swimming in Nadiža)
The price includes:
- Free parking for your car
- Welcome drink and snack
- Driving in the legendary, 80-year-old World War II Willys jeep (in case the vehicle is available)
- Professional alpine instructor throughout the experience (escort, security, ...)
- All necessary protective equipment (helmet, safety kit)
- Introduction to safety equipment and testing your skils on a protected climbing area
- Transfer to the Nadiža riverbed
- Descent to the hanging platform
- Free time on the platform and a snack with a soft drink
- Shorter climbing ascent (with the help of an instructor)
- Relaxation by or in the crystalline water of the Nadiža Gorges
- Gourmet experience of typical and selected cuisine along the Nadiža or Soča river
- All transfers according to the program
- All parking fees, fuel
- Taxes and fees
- Invaluable information about the destination (recommendations for restaurants, inns, destinations, natural, cultural, ... sights, local secrets, ...) that will make your vacation with us even more beautiful and attractive.