half day WILLYS jeep experience
Piece of heaven
Incredible Willys Jeep Experience
Piece of heaven
Start date: 01.04.2022
End date: 30.10.2022
- 95,00 EUR per person / 3 persons joining
- 135,00 EUR per person / 2 persons joining
- 255,00 EUR per person / 1 person joining
* ask for a promotional 25% discount
Fill out the form below and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
* In case of a bad weather (rain, strong wind or cold weather) the trip may be cancelled. In this case, on your request and our availability we can set a new date, or we will refund your money in full.
** The maximum number of passengers is 3 adults ( or 2 adults and 2 children / 1 adult and 3 children).
The experience is carried out:
1.4. – 31.10. 2022
Tolmin, Parkirišče P2 (Parking for Tolmin Gorges)
Duration of the experience:
Aprox. 4-5 hours
Timetable / Schedule of the experience:
8:00 AM - morning tour
2:00 PM - afternoon tour
The price does not include:
- Transfer not mentioned in the program
- Extra food and drinks
- 4 eur / person The entrance fee for the Church of the Holy Spirit
- 6 eur /person Cheese degustation
- 7 eur /person Cold meet cuts
Tolminka valley is a hidden gem surrounded with almost fairytale-like mountains. Our nearly 80-year-old Willy’s jeep is the perfect way to explore this magical spot.
From Tolmin we will start the journey along the macadam road, driving through forest and mountain meadows towards the source of Tolminka River. We will use the famous “kurukula” (cableway run by a hand-crank) to cross the Tolminka River and refresh ourselves in the cool, clean water. In Polog there is a high mountain cheese dairy farm where they make homemade cheese.
Further along, we will become explorers and enter the trenches and passes of the long forgotten and mysterious military bunkers. High above the Tolminka River in Javorca we will admire the church of the Holy Spirit, a masterpiece of architecture built by the Austro-Hungarian soldiers in WWI.
The winding road high above the Tolminka River leads us back to the starting point.
What to Expect?
- Professional tour guide - driver
- Road trip with legendary 80-year-old military Willys jeep
- Scenic ride on a macadam high mountain road
- Spectacular panoramic views
- Crossing of Tolminka River with a unique hand-cranked cableway
- Exploration of military fortress – bunker
- Visit of the memorial church of the Holy Ghost in Javorca (additional cost for entry – 4€ per person)
What do I need?
- Warm clothes (sweater, softshell / windstopper)
- Suitable footwear (hiking / trekking shoes)
- Flashlight to explore the bunker
- Cap / hat - something to protect the head
- Sun screen
- Mosquito and tick protection spray
- Camera / smartphone for photos
- Water bottle
The price includes:
- Professional tour guide – driver
- All the transfers mentioned in the program
- Ride with a legendary 80-year-old Willys jeep from the W.W.2.
- Stunning views
- The sightseeing of the Tolminka Valley
- The use of a famous Cableway
- The exploration of the military fortress – bunker
- External viewing of the memorial church of Holy Ghost in Javorca; ( viewing the inside incurs an additional cost of 4€ per person entrance fee)
- Parking and fuel
- Valuable information about the destination (recommendation of restaurants, guest houses, natural and cultural sightseeing nearby, local stories,…) that will make your stay here even better and far more attractive.
Link to the RTV Slovenia (Slovenia's National public broadcasting organization) article for the program “Slovenia's Hidden Gems”