Full day WILLYS jeep experience
Mysterious beauty and breath-taking views
Incredible Willys Jeep Experience
Mysterious beauty and breath-taking views
Start date: 01.04.2022
End date: 30.10.2022
- 155,00 EUR per person / 3 persons joining
- 229,00 EUR per person / 2 persons joining
- 459,00 EUR per person / 1 person joining
* ask for a promotional 25% discount
Fill out the form below and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
* In case of a bad weather (rain, strong wind or cold weather) the trip may be cancelled. In this case, on your request and our availability we can set a new date, or we will refund your money in full.
** The maximum number of passengers is 3 adults ( or 2 adults and 2 children / 1 adult and 3 children).
The experience is carried out:
1.4. – 31.10. 2022
In case of a bad weather (rain, strong wind or cold weather) the trip will be cancelled
Tolmin, Parkirišče P2 (Parking for Tolmin Gorges)
Duration of the experience:
Aprox. 8-9 hours
Timetable / Schedule of the experience:
8:00 AM or 8:30 AM
The price does not include:
- Transfer not mentioned in the program
- Extra food and drinks
- 4 eur / person The entrance fee for the Church of the Holy Spirit
- 6 eur /person Cheese degustation
- 7 eur /person Cold meet cuts
Legendary Willys jeep will take us away from the urban part of the valley, crossing meadows, driving through picturesque forests for an easy start to our adventure.
Driving along a curving, steeply sloped macadam road high above the Tolminka river, we eventually leave the forest behind and catch a marvellous view of the Tolminka valley surrounded by high mountains.
We will try the famous hand-cranked cableway, “Kurukula”. There will be a chance to refresh yourself in the crystal-clear water – you can even pour some into your bottle for drinking.
You will have the opportunity to walk through one of the mightiest bunkers, built by Italian soldiers in WWI.
In Javorca we visit a wooden Church of the Holy Spirit, a masterpiece of architecture and a very important national monuments in Slovenia. It was built during WWI by Austro-Hungarian soldiers that were captured by the Italian army.
From there we return to Soča Valley, but only for a short time, as we then ascend the mountain of Kolovrat.
This mountain was also a sight of horrific battles during WWI. Today, it is a beautiful open-air museum. It also offers breath-taking views of the high, steep walls and peaks of the Julian Alps on one side, and of the Italian landscape and the Adriatic Sea on the other.
After walking on a former front line, Willy’s jeep will take us back to Soča Valley.
In Kobarid we will make a short break before visiting the glorious Ossuary of the Italian soldiers and the famous Napoleon bridge over the Soča River.
Willy’s jeep will then slowly take us back to the starting point, where our adventure together for the day will end.
What to Expect?
- Professional tour guide - driver
- Road trip with a legendary 80-year-old military Willys jeep
- Scenic ride on a macadam high mountain road
- Spectacular panoramic views
- Crossing of Tolminka River with a unique cableway run by hands
- Exploration of military fortress – bunker
- Visit of the memorial church of Holy Ghost in Javorca (additional cost for entry – 4€ per person)
- Sightseeing in Kobarid and the ossuary from WWI
- A visit to the Napoleon bridge
- Panoramic drive along the Soča river
What do I need?
- Warm clothes (sweater, softshell / windstopper)
- Suitable footwear (hiking / trekking shoes)
- Flashlight due to the bunker visit
- Cap / hat - something to protect the head
- Sun screen
- Mosquito and tick protection spray
- Camera / smartphone for photos
- Water bottle
The price includes:
- Professional tour guide – driver
- All the transfers mentioned in the program
- Ride with the legendary 80-year-old Willys jeep from WWII
- Stunning views
- Sightseeing across the Tolminka Valley
- Use of a famous hand-cranked Cableway
- Exploration of a military fortress – bunker
- External viewing of the memorial church of Holy Ghost in Javorca; (viewing the inside incurs an additional cost of 4€ per person entrance fee)
- Visit and exploration of the open-air museum
- Parking and fuel
- Valuable information about the destination (recommendation of restaurants, guest houses, natural and cultural sightseeing nearby, local stories, …) that will make your stay here even better and far more attractive.
Link to the RTV Slovenia (Slovenia's National public broadcasting organization) article for the program “Slovenia's Hidden Gems”